Once again the ever enlarging role that Facebook plays in our lives is demonstrated. DDB Paris has created a personalised Facebook- book for company Bouygues Télécom. People purchasing the book could choose the time frame captured and the people included in the book.


The concept behind it is that people share all their treasured memories and photos on Facebook, but they can all get lost and forgotten in "cyberspace". Although I think this is an interesting concept, and something I worry about myself having thousands of digital photos in a library but very few printed, I really hate the idea of this book. I think it is ugly and badly designed, literally looking like a bunch of screen shots from Facebook thrown together. Someone also made the interesting point on a comment on the CR blog that so many people share extremely trivial details about their lives on Facebook, they would seem not nearly importantly enough to print in a book, which I strongly agree with being a big user of the site myself!
This book for me is just another step into how we live our lives straight through Facebook. Sorry, not convinced.
Here's a video of it as well if you REALLY want to see more...
x
http://www.creativereview.co.uk
steal
ReplyDelete